Be fit with the top 20 Home Workout Ideas
Exercise is important for a healthy life. A good workout will keep your body healthy and mind active. But most people are not interested in going to the gym. Some may also have very little time to devote to themselves. On first thought, you may think that home workout won't be as helpful as the gym. You can make the excuse of not having weights or . The truth is none of these things are true. A properly planned workout regime at home can give you the results you want. Following are the top 20 workout ideas you can do at home :
For Beginners : We allhave to start from a basic workout plan that strengthens our muscles and body.
- Chair sit ups- Chair sit ups are squats for beginners. They make your legs and core strong. Stand straight in front of a chair with your arms forward, and feet apart. Hinge slowly using your thighs, back and core to touch the chair with your hips. Then rise using your heels.
- Bridge- Bridge is a good exercise that strengthens your core and back. Lie on your back with knees bent and arms by your side. Raise your bottom py pushing your legs and using your core. Slowly return to the initial position and repeat.
- Side lying hip abduction- This exercise is helpful in the case you sit all day. Lie on your left leg, both legs straight, and right foot on the ground. Lift your right leg up, while maintaining the position of your body. Make sure your hips don’t open up. Return to the start position. Repeat and then practice with the other leg.
- Knee push-ups- Knee push-ups are easier than regular push-ups. This exercise will help your core and arms before trying actual push-ups. Start from plank position and take support of your knees. Keep your back straight and elbows at 45°.
- Straight leg donkey kick- Donkey kicks are good for strengthening your thighs and glutes. Get on all fours with your body symmetrical and aligned well, then push back an imaginary wall with a straight leg.
- Stationary lunge- This exercise improves your quads, hamstrings, and glutes.Split your stance with your right leg in front, flat on the ground, and your left on its toes. Bend your knees and lunge, till your right thigh is parallel to the ground. Push up through your right foot to return to the starting position. Switch legs after few rounds.
Intermediate exercises : Once you have got the feel of workout and developed base strength, it's time to go higher.
- Superman- The Superman pose is good for your lower back and all your backside. You lie on your stomach with your hands and leg stretched out. Raise your hands and legs with the help of your back and core muscles. Hold them at the highest point you can reach and slowly lower them down.
- Bicycle crunch- Bicycle crunches are directed at developing core strength and defining your abs. This exercise will put strain on your stomach muscles and helps them to become strong.
- Forearm plank- Planking is an intense exercise that uses all body strength. It improves the body balance, core strength, leg strength and is also good for arms.
- Walking lunge- Moving lunge adds the dimensions of stability, mobility, and balance to the stationary lunge. Start with your feet together and step forward, lunging with your right leg. Stand up, then repeat with your left leg. Continue this cycle.
- Push-ups- A standard pushup is the more challenging than a knee pushup. Take a high plank position and complete the pushup in the same way as knee push ups but without taking support of knees. Your elbows should flare out at a 45° angle.
- Squats- A regular bodyweight squat is done by removing the chair from chair sit ups. The same motion is done here, but you have to imagine you’re sitting down in a chair by hinging at the hips and pushing your bottom back. This is good for your balance and leg and core strength.
Advanced exercises: These are to be taken once you can easily do the intermediate ones.
- Bridge with leg extended- Perform a bridge by raising your legs, then stretch out one leg in the front. This will make a single-leg bridge even more difficult. Always keep your foot flexed throughout the movement. Repeat the same for both legs.
- One legged push-ups- By doing push-ups on one leg, you put more weight on the other three limbs. This makes the exercise more rigorous than normal push-ups. The same method is used here also. Take the push-up position and then lift one leg. Then proceed with push ups.
- Planking with alternate leg lift- Planking is hard itself, raising one leg at a time makes it more challenging. It makes your core go over its limit and grow stronger. Raise each leg for 5 seconds before moving to the second.
- Jumping lunges- Jumping lunges are also known as plyometrics. They require you to give your max effort for a short interval of time. They tire you quickly as they need a lot of strength and motion.
But there are some things that you can also do:
- Skipping rope - Skipping over a rope is a good exercise to strengthen your calves and improve your stamina.
- Dance- Dance is no doubt the most enjoyable means of exercise. If you like to dance, it is a good exercise to burn lot of calories and improve all parts of your body.
- Yoga- Yoga may not exactly qualify as a workout, but you can not deny it has amazing results for the body and mind. Various asanas can help you strengthen different body parts and improve flexibility.
- Martial arts- If you know any sort of martial arts, it works in your favor. Punches and kicks and other intricate movements are a fine exercise that serve more than one purpose.
You can perform most of the the mentioned exercises on your own, but you should consult an instructor if you feel the need to.